Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My Reading List....Eight Website Links

My weekends and evenings are spent doing web research on stocks I own and potential stocks I would like to buy or sell puts on. I scan the web for headlines, opinion articles and scan the message board postings for comments worth noting. I look into short interest and insider buys or sells. Below are a couple of very useful links I use on a daily and weekly basis.


1. Top of my list is Insider Monitor - Find out if insiders are selling or buying - Link Here Type in the ticker symbol and your jaws may drop, you have been forewarned. Here you get a long list of insider buys and sells, dates, shares, share price and whether they are options exercise (See for yourself how much Google (GOOG), Apple (AAPL) and Priceline (PCLN) executives have been selling their stocks as share prices hit 52 weeks high these few months). Do you see what I see...There is not a doubt whom QEs benefited, and who has been buying up California's luxury real estate last 12 months courtesy of the Fed's printing press? Still think it trickles down anyone? Someone sends this link to the Fed please, they should see it for themselves.

2. Looking for information on short interest? I like Nasdaq short interest Link page. Here you will find info on short interest first of the month and mid month, days to cover and trend, whether increasing or decreasing. If you are looking for a candidate for a potential short squeeze play (and assuming you have done all your other research into the company, products or services and management and financials), this is a good site for an overall picture where the shorts might be active.

3. I watch daily Gold chart - Link Here and Silver chart - Link Here for major spillover moves in mining stocks. They can be found on livecharts.com and I prefer their charts to the charts on Kitco.

4. Indexq.org Link for my pre-market morning dose of overnight closes and summary of world market indices and currencies while I am having my cup of homemade latte

5. Kitco for macro news and technical analysis on gold and silver and other precious metals. Must read if you are interested in the hard metals

6. Volume Leaders, Price % gainers, % losers etc Link if I am looking for a new stock candidate to buy or sell puts on. I have this page open first 30 minutes of the morning market hour to help spot movers and find potential stock to add to my watch list

7. Folks at ZeroHedge - Link Here and the many interesting, enlightening and non mainstream articles I enjoy reading daily. All gloves are off here in the comment section so don't take them too literally

8. Last but not least, my favorite site and favorite folks at Dailyfx - link with their up to the minute real time forex and econ news and awesome technical analyses. I have learnt much from charts and videos you put up. I do not trade forex but use the charts to help me understand equity market behavior. A big Thank You

No, CNBC is NOT on my Reading list....

I used ThinkOrSwim Ameritrade. It took a little getting used to switching from Command Center, but I am liking it. All the info on one page(or two pages depending on how you set your screens up). Level II bids and asks, volume, implied vol and greeks for options, broader market indices and all the technicals you need to monitor a stock closely plus latest news, earnings date at your finger tips.

Hope you find the above links useful in your trading .

No comments:

Post a Comment